Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Blog About a Dress

So, you've happened upon my blog page... congratulations. As the title reads this blog is about Rose's Dinner Dress. Yes, the dress from the beloved film "Titanic".. you know, with Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio? That one.  Anyway back to the point, with the 100th anniversary of the ships sinking coming up in April, I've decided to recreate one of the famous dresses that Kate wore from the film. The dinner dress. I absolutely fell in love with this dress. I even made my mom make me one for my junior prom, and since then I always had it in mind to one day make another one. This blog will follow the construction of the dress and the details that I've spent in researching it. So far I have spent months researching and looking at other dresses people have created. Which are absolutely beautiful... I've put together an extensive library of photos of the original dress, including pictures that are rare in finding of the back. I've study picture after picture, drew up sketches and i finally feel confident enough to finally start the construction phase. So stay tuned as more about this beautiful dress is posted. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on plans to create my own version of Rose's Dinner Dress, and I happened upon your blog. Your photos are an absolute blessing - I've been searching for photos like these! It is such a breathtaking dress. Any update on your dress? :)

    ReplyDelete